Sunday, August 14, 2005

FROM THE LIGHTER SIDE BEFORE I LEAVE FOR WORK...

An interesting feature from today's Jackson Clarion-Ledger from Mississippi about a radiation oncologist in the state capitol who looks like Larry Hagman's identical twin.

A few months ago, Dickerson traveled to Southfork Ranch, near Dallas, the "home" of the Ewings on the TV program. Just for fun, Dickerson bought a cowboy hat for the occasion.

"I walked into the gift shop there and the woman behind the counter literally gasped when I walked in," he says. "A guy leading a tour group said 'Look, folks, J.R. is at the ranch today.' Twenty flash bulbs went off. It was crazy.

"When we were in the museum there at Southfork, our daughter (Chelsea, 16) kept looking at the pictures of Larry Hagman, then looking back at me. She finally said, 'Dad, we've got to get out of here. This is freaking me out.' "


And he wasn't even a fan of "Dallas" when it aired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home