Sunday, September 10, 2006

EARTHQUAKE! (BUT WHO NOTICED?)

The United States Geologicial Survey reported that an earthquake which registered 6.0 on the Richter scale was detected in the Gulf of Mexico with it's epicentre approximately ten miles in depth and 260 miles west-southwest of Clearwater. The shock was reportedly felt in many areas of Florida, but many may have barely noticed. I didn't feel anything, although my son said he felt something similar to a light shaking when a car stereo has it's bass turned up extra high.

No reports of any damage or injuries have been noted.

The St. Petersburg Times' Breaking News blog has an interesting Q&A about today's event.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Oh YEAH!

I noticed.

I live near a train track, so regularly, I feel my computer table shake as the train passes by.

Well, today, it KEPT shaking...in fact, the whole house shook for about one full minute.

I'm on the east coast of Florida-how did the left coast rock and roll?

:)sunny/smashed frog

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in St. Pete and thought I was losing my mind. It lasted for several seconds. My entire house shook and my cd rack was tetering back and forth. Thank God I saw this post because I had no clue what happened.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home