Thursday, August 03, 2006

SCHOOL DAYS, SCHOOL DAZE

It's that time of the year again when books and paper and uniforms are the order of the day. Hillsborough County schools begin their new school year today (Why on a Thursday?), with most other districts --- including Polk County --- getting started Monday.

My five year old granddaughter begins kindergarten this year. I have custody of her for now, and her school's orientation is this afternoon. Unfortunately, my son (her uncle) will be my proxy today, as work will keep me tied down. Needless to say, she is looking forward to the experience, but I wonder just how long THAT will last!

The reason for this post is just to remind you to PLEASE be careful and remember the posted speed limits near schools. Forgetting can be a very expensive mistake, as the regular fines are doubled for speeding in a school zone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home