Friday, May 19, 2006

THIS HAS NOT BEEN MY WEEK...I ADMIT I WAS WRONG AGAIN.

My friends, I've always believed in being up front and honest when things go wrong, and in a couple of recent posts here I reported incorrect information. It was by no means on purpose, as I was going by information provided me by the individual who was at the scene, and felt things had gone well.

Mr. James B. Davis did not qualify to run for the 12th Congressional District seat currently held by Republican incumbant Adam H. Putnam (R - Bartow) due to a technicality.

Apparantly, the loyalty oath was not sent along with the other paperwork that is required to file. That oversight was not noticed until it's arrival in Tallahassee. Unfortunately, Mr. Davis had patients to see at his physical therapy office and was unable to make the trip to the state capitol. The oath was e-mailed to our candidate, at which time he signed and faxed the document back to the Division of Elections, where the clerk stamped it as "Accepted". There was no guidance at the time that a fascimile was not acceptable, and it was rejected after another worker in the office discovered the situation.

Friends, you know that hindsight is 20/20. But looking ahead, I can say that Mr. Davis is committed to run for office this year to help bring some needed change. I will have more on that ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home