Sunday, February 06, 2005

ENJOYING THE NEW MACHINE

I got my gift from Uncle Sam this week (yeah, my tax refund), so my son and I took my granddaughter and splurged Saturday. A new computer (a new Gateway), digital camera, and other goodies, but that was nothing compared to what I saw at the local electronics stores.

Thanks to the Super Bowl, people were eating up the big screen, high definition TVs and loadin' 'em up in time to enjoy the Eagles' victory over New England (did I say that?). Best Buy was like a jungle, with a number of folks looking at new 'puters...like me, likely splurging their tax refunds.

I made sure there was still more than plenty to pay bills, and enjoy a good meal or two. The order has been placed for pizza and breadsticks this evening, and all we need is T.O. to do his thang.

GO EAGLES!

1 Comments:

Blogger tommyduncn said...

Not to bum you out, or change your outlook, but a tax refund is a gift from yourself, not your uncle...

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home