Sunday, April 16, 2006

WE CAN ALL DREAM...

In case you haven't heard, noone won the big jackpot last night in the Florida Lottery. That means that a match of all six numbers Wednesday night will be worth an estimated $82 million, one of the largest grand prizes in the lottery's history.

What would you do with $82 million spread out over 30 years, besides obviously having to pay your taxes on the income? Heck, even with maybe a one-time jolt of around $40 million after taxes (my estimate), I'd be satisfied!

Here's what I'd do:

20% would be put into savings. Another 20% would be invested into stocks and bonds. Yet another 20% would be given to my children, with a portion of that put into a trust for my granddaughter until she reaches 21. Another 20% would pay out my outstanding debts and donated to a variety of causes which I have wanted to support. And, of course, the final fifth would be mine to spend on a new home and sustain me. I may even keep my job! But I certainly wouldn't get all foolish with it as many winners tend to do.

I plan to buy my usual two tickets; one with my usual numbers, the other a Quick Pick. But, as I put in the headline, we all can dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home