Saturday, November 05, 2005

Photo by Ernst Peters / Lakeland Ledger

RELIEF FOR DRIVERS...MORE FOR YOUR MONEY?

I don't drive, so I am not in the habit of looking at gas prices passing by the local convenience stores. But occasionally I do, and it was a bit surprising what I saw last evening considering that we were looking at $3.00/gallon prices almost a month ago.

Most stores in North Lakeland are selling regular unleaded at around $2.69/gallon, but two locations north of I-4 are offering it at $2.39/gallon. The Murphy USA station, which is on the lot with the Wal Mart Supercenter, and the neighbouring 7-11 convenience store seem to have gotten into a price war. Needless to say, there were a few people taking advantage of the opportunity.

Is this an isolated occurance, or are there other places offering gas at noticably lower prices than others in the area? In this case, a three mile drive north of I-4 means a pretty decent savings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home