Tuesday, May 10, 2005

GOOD TO HEAR FROM A CLASSIC TALK HOST!

As many of you may well know, I worked in radio for over 15 years, both here and in my native Mississippi. While the money sucked terribly, it was overall a wonderful period where I did what I really wanted to do...something not many people actually get to do. And while I have been out of "the biz" for nearly a decade, I still like to keep up with what's happening in radio.

While reading one of the radio message boards that I frequent, I came across a message that brought some good news: One of the alltime best talk show hosts in Tampa Bay, Bob Lassiter, has started his own blog to note his views on a variety of subjects as well as what has happened since he was unceremoniously sacked from WFLA-AM 970 five years ago.

I always enjoyed listening to Lassiter, although I did not always agree with his opinions. He was great for a laugh when needed, and his voice is truly missed in the market today. What Tampa Bay talk radio needs is some good, LOCAL talk instead of stations relying on nationally syndicated cookie-cutter shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home