Sunday, November 05, 2006

A SONG I HOPE WE CAN SING WEDNESDAY MORNING TO OUR GOP FRIENDS

Of course, those of you who enjoy classic rock and roll will recognize this as most, although not the entire lyric, of the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young classic tune "Carry On". Reading the lyric, it sounds rather fitting...

One morning I woke up
and I knew that you were gone.
A new day, a new way,
I knew I should see it along.
Go your way, I'll go mine
and carry on.

The sky is clearing
and the night has gone out.
The sun, he come,
the world is all full of light.
Rejoice, rejoice,
we have no choice
but to carry on.

The fortunes of fables
are able to sing the song.
Now witness the quickness
with which we get along.

To sing the blues
you've got to live the tunes
and carry on.

Carry on, love is coming,
love is coming to us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home