Tuesday, August 08, 2006

WHAT A DAY!

Yesterday, the family and I took my five year old granddaughter to her first day of kindergarten. It's something she has been excited about for some time, and after only a little growling about the 6:00 AM wake up call she was ready to get her bath and get into her school uniform.

I have custody of the child, but her mother does see her often and, needless to say, wanted to be part of the event. Although the school is, literally, next door to my apartment comples, she insisted on driving so we could do errands before she took me to work...a decision she regretted facing the heavy traffic. We made it in time (barely!), and I had the chance to meet her teacher for the first time, since I had to work and my son (the child's uncle) had to be my proxy for orientation.

After a few pictures, and some of Mommy's tears, we left. When I came home from work, she said the first day was "boring", but that she thought she would have fun today.

I would have included a couple of pictures, but there is an issue with the transfer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home