Monday, April 03, 2006

GOOD FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS, GREAT OUTING

Normally, I'm up before 6:00 AM and have a couple of posts on this space shortly afterward. Not today, as I'm running quite a bit later than usual. Thankfully, I have a couple of days off since I worked over the weekend.

Friday, my son approached me and suggested we make an evening of it Sunday, something we don't do very much anymore. To use the words of songster Paul Simon, "I am just a poor boy through my story's seldom told...", so we don't get to enjoy the luxury of a night out very often. So, last evening we made the trip to the Hooters' restaurant nearby and enjoyed WrestleMania 22.

Of course, professional wrestling shows are decided in advance, but I've been a fan since I was a kid growing up in South Mississippi. It's usually great to enjoy not only the athleticism and entertainment value provided by many of the performers, but most of the fans can be quite fun to watch, too. It was no different last evening, with those in our section becoming more raucous as the show continued.

During the course of the four hour show we put down two plates (one each) of Nachos Grande and nearly 50 wings. Sorry, friends, I can't suggest the wings, although the Nachos Grande with steak was excellent. The tables were almost filled to capacity, and everyone apparantly enjoyed themselves. That is, except for the old couple who was apparantly unaware that the restaurant would be featuring WrestleMania on it's televisions and likely had come in directly from the evening church service for a few wings.

In the end, my son and I wobbled the half-mile-plus home after enjoying a rare night out together, filled to capacity and fully entertained. It was well worth the dent to my bank account to enjoy some special time together with good food and a good show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home