Tuesday, April 11, 2006

THE FULL MOON'S OUT...

Do you remember the old saying "If it were not for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all?" That was my kind of day yesterday.

It started when I arrived at work, ready to get right into the race. My computer station apparantly didn't agree. Already having clocked in, I accidently typed in the wrong code to note I was down for system issues...I typed in the code stating that I was at lunch. As a result, I was locked out of the system for a half hour. Finally, when I was able to get started, the first few calls I received were from customers of another of our client's programmes asking about a letter we had not been briefed on. A weird start to a weird day.

It didn't end when I left the job, either. Names which should be second nature to me were lost, and I promptly embarrassed myself giving my report to the Democratic Executive Committee meeeting. And to make matters worse, I arrived at my apartment to discover that our refrigerator was down, resulting in the tossing of our perishable items and a call this morning to the complex office, something I hate to do. Nothing against the managerment here, they are really helpful...I just don't like being a bother.

Pray for me today that the streak of bad luck...or whatever...has ended. To quote one of my favourite journalists, Linda Ellerbee, "And so it goes..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home