Saturday, March 04, 2006

A BEAUTIFUL DAY

My son travelled to Kissimmee today to participate in the Florida State Pokemon Trading Card Tournament, so my granddaughter and I planned to catch a look at some of the local apartment complexes. As my current lease ends at the end of April, and the rent here is reaching beyond my meager means, I am reluctantly having to begin planning a move to less expensive housing.

However, I didn't do my planning as I should have, so those plans were eventually scrapped for the day. That decided, my diva and I spent about three hours enjoying the beautiful, warm conditions walking through downtown Lakeland to Lake Mirror Park and it's wonderful promanade, along with the nearby family park. A really great way to spend some quality time with the four year old (she'll be five next month) while relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenery.

For those of you still experiencing the chill of winter or beginning of the rainy season, I have to make you jealous by saying the skies here in central Florida are clear, with a high today of 78 degrees. The only thing I missed doing today was watching the Detroit Tigers take on Italia in baseball at Joker Marchant Stadium...a perfect day for baseball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home