Friday, February 17, 2006

JUST A REMINDER...

That a magical time is almost here. Pitchers and catchers are reporting this week to spring training camps, and that means it's time for baseball to be on the minds of many.

If you're a baseball fan and want to get up close to your favourite players, locally the best place is Winter Haven's Chain Of Lakes Park, where the Cleveland Indians make their base. Many days you'll see Hall of Famer Bob Feller strolling around the grounds, often in an Indians uniform. He'll readily sign autographs and chat with fans. It's also a nice view, as well...so enjoy it while you can. The Tribe won't be there much longer, and the city wants to sell off the land for development.

And I'm less than a mile from Joker Marchant Stadium and Tigertown, where the Detroit Tigers have been based for 70 years. Sadly, I've never had the chance to visit for myself, as my schedule has not allowed me the opportunity. That's a situation I plan to correct this spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home