Saturday, August 21, 2004

I am a truly HAPPY MAN this morning. After four weeks, I FINALLY got my computer back from Gateway in Dallas! I had some issues after two power supplies fried in quick succession, and when I called the customer service number the representative suggested that I ship the tower back to Gateway for a look-see. Thank God for the intelligence to purchase the extended warranty! It turned out there were apparantly at least three issues, including corruption in the operating system (Windows XP), so they fixed everything and it's back where it belongs.

For my recent posts I had been using my old IBM Aptiva, which has Windows 95 and does not have a CD burner or any of the newer features that this baby does. But it's still a workhorse that fills in when needed, and it least allows me to stay online and communicate with everyone. Hell, I rely on this more than I do my phone!

I won't be doing much posting this weekend as I have to get everything reloaded and updated on the Gateway machine. But, as Ahnold would say, I'll bee baaack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home