Thursday, August 19, 2004

A couple of days ago, I mentioned that the attorney general's office had filed a civil complaint against two motels, one in Lakeland, for alleged price gouging against people who were trying to escape Hurricane Charley. The Lakeland motel, Crossroads Motor Lodge, is on U.S. 98 at Interstate 4 just a short walk from my humble abode, and I had heard some horror stories about that place before and how they treated customers and employees.

I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw this story in today's Lakeland Ledger.

Seems as though they currently owe the City of Lakeland almost $100K in code enforcement fines, and they've received a number of complaints with the Better Business Bureau over the past several years. Check out the story link for yourself.

Sounds like the owner really doesn't give a rat's behind about offering a decent service, just making a quick profit. And by the way: In the story, where it mentions the scrolling outside sign regarding the trucker's rate...I see that sign every day because my bus stop is just down the street from the motel. There are so many lights out on that sign that you can hardly read it...at least you have to stare at it for awhile before you can understand determine what it says.

As I closed the original message: Business people like this that take advantage of others for a quick profit will, in my humble opinion, have a special place waiting for them in the deepest depths of Hell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home