Sunday, July 04, 2004

I've always liked Senator Bob Graham, and believe he would make a fine Vice President for presumed Democratic nominee and fellow Senator John Kerry. He's a moderating voice to Kerry, and would be a great geographical balance to the ticket from a state that means a lot in this campaign.

Not meaning to read anything into it, but a couple of notes from a column in today's St. Petersburg Times provide some interesting insight. Kerry is expected to name his running mate early this week, and some are saying Graham is on his short list.

Personally, though, if I were a gambling man I would put my money on North Carolina Senator John Edwards. His youth, energy, and the fact that his own presidential campaign began to gain in addition to the Southern factor are all in his favor. My guess is that Graham would be number two on the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home