Monday, June 21, 2004

Well, I'm back after a crazy weekend.

Seems as though my computer was hit with a virus which wiped out everything I had that was not saved on backup discs. I thought I was being good and doing what was supposed to be done to prevent that from happening, since I had been hit once before, but it seemingly wasn't good enough.

Got myself some added protection this time, and added a couple of pop up blocks, as I believe one of those had to do with what occured. Be more vigiliant about checking the system...that's what I've learned, even if it took twice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was helping a friend with their computer and they got ahold of a browser hijacker. It is an insidious little thing, it takes over the IE browser and replaces search results with its own search engine. It was a bear to get rid of, requiring registry edits and a reinstall of IE.

That is why I recommend the Mozilla suite to all Windows users. You are not limited to IE and its quirks. IE is prone to script viruses and hijackers. And popups! Sheesh!

Either Mozilla 1.7 or the standalone browser Firefox 0.9 would do you well to install for Windows. Your browsing will be more peaceful without popups and more secure knowing you are not at risk for browser hijackers, trojans, and script viruses.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home