Sunday, May 30, 2004

This has NOT been a good weekend so far. It turns out I forgot to write down a payment I had made in my check register, which has really screwed up my bank balance royally to the point that when my son and I ordered pizza last week, it overdrew my account. Thank God for overdraft protection! But the downside, of course, is that you still have to pay the penalty; in my case, my bank (Bank of America) charged a $17.00 fee. No complaint here, as it was my screwup. BOA has been really good to me, and this is the first time this has happened. The only problem is that I had to actually borrow money from my daughter in order to have enough to pay my rent! I'm having to keep a much closer watch over finances now, since the rent went up $50 a month when we renewed the lease here this past month...but it was better than expected, considering the improvements made in the community over the past year.

On the upside, I stayed home with family Friday evening instead of going to a political event. Kinda unusual, but I am the public relations committee chairman for the local Democratic Party, so it's usually good that I be at those events. It was a quickly planned meet-and-greet for a County Commission candidate who had very recently entered the race for one of the four seats to be decided on the ballot, but I was simply tired after a long week of work and ready to enjoy a quiet three day weekend with my son and granddaughter. In that respect, the weekend has been good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home