Saturday, June 04, 2005

HAIL TO THE KING

Congratulations and Best Wishes to the true King of Talk, Larry King, on the 20th anniversary of his CNN show Larry King Live.

Larry is a wonderful professional. I heard him for the first time after he had gone national with his radio talk show back in the early 1980s on Mutual Radio. He had become a popular figure over the years in Miami on WIOD with his local show and doing some work on the Dolphins broadcasts. When I was working overnights in Mississippi at a rock station, I would listen to King's show and would enjoy the banter and his occasional stories about his young days growing up in Brooklyn or working in Miami. Often I would go back on the air laughing, and I'm sure the listeners would wonder what was so funny about the Jethro Tull song I was just playing.

While I enjoy watching Larry's TV show, I truly miss his radio work, as that is where he really shines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home