Friday, February 16, 2007

I NEED SOME HELP FROM ANYONE KNOWLEDGABLE WITH DIGITAL TV

Getting one's income tax refund is always an exciting time, with everyone in the household filling up their wish list as though it was a second Christmas. In a way, it is.

After getting caught up with the rent and utility bills, we did some shopping. In a couple of ways, I actually entered the 21st Century. Part of my wish list was to get a cellular phone, but I certainly did not want to be stuck with a monthly bill or plans, so I went the prepaid route. It should work out great, as long as I only give out the number to a few people.

The big ticket item this time was a high definition digital TV. No, I couldn't go hog wild and get one of the $1,000-plus jobs, although there was a really nice RCA 50 inch set we wanted for just under $900. We ended up with a Sanyo 36 inch for just under $800...and this situation leads me to my request.

We live in an upstairs apartment near I-4 in north Lakeland, so an outdoor antenna is out of the question. I purchased an indoor antenna (read "rabbit ears") made with HDTV in mind. I can pick up most of the Tampa Bay digital channels (WEDU, WTSP, WTVT, WUSF, WMOR, WTTA, WTOG, WFTT, ION), but I can't get a signal for two major network affiliates (WFLA and WFTS)...and the third (WTSP) can be spotty at times. When I called WFLA to inquire I was told basically it was my antenna. But if that were the problem I would have issues picking up most of those digital signals that I now can get. Can SOMEONE give me some help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home