Friday, November 24, 2006

GOOD FOOD + GOOD FAMILY = BLESSED THANKSGIVING

It was a busy day around my humble apartment Thursday. I woke up, as usual, shortly after 5:00 AM and spend much of the morning cleaning up and washing dishes from the day before. My son had begun his potato salad Wednesday night, and the turkey was in the oven shortly after 8:00.

My daughter was coming over, and we believed her live-in companion would be with her. But she was knocked down with a helluva cold, and he decided to celebrate seperately with his folks. However, she made a great dressing and Watergate salad, and brought those over along with some eggs to 1) add to the potato salad, and 2) make some great deviled eggs. Along with the other goodies, it made for a nice couple of hours together...something we don't get to do very often. She left kinda early to get some much needed rest, so it was really great that she was able to add to the day.

After clearing off everything and getting a lot of the food put up that Allison didn't take up, I was in bed for the evening by 7:00 PM. The only football I saw (since I don't have cable or satellite) was part of the debacle between Tampa Bay and Dallas...I won't even go there! Needless to say, we'll have plenty of leftovers for a few days.

It was a very blessed day, indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home