Monday, October 24, 2005

GOOD TO HEAR SOME LOCAL BLOGGING NEWS

Barry Friedman and the crew over at the Lakeland Ledger have done an excellent job keeping the local folks updated on the effects of Hurricane Wilma in Polk County. They have done a "Wilma Newslog" since early this morning, and have posted bits about what is going on across Polk County throughout the day. A great public service!

Also, while I've been online today I was made aware of a couple of other Polk County blogs. Barry made mention of this site (Thanks, Barry!) and Hyku, a site by Winter Haven business blog consultant Josh Hallett in one of his early posts. I believe I have met Josh before, and simply may not have put in his blog when I changed computers awhile back. And I just came across a progressive leaning blog, Aikane Leo, which is based in Lakeland and has active since June. Great to add both to the blogroll and encourage everyone to check 'em out!

You know, I always figured that Florida was a hotbed of blogging, but little did I realize. Thanks to Tommy at Sticks of Fire in Tampa for the heads up that Dave, who has the Space Coast blog known as --- what else --- spacecoastweb, has been working on a list of blogs throughout Florida (UPDATE 10/25: He's updated the list to remove duplicates and those which have not been updated within three months). Of course, any list of blogs is never really complete as bloggers are almost constantly joining and leaving, and Dave notes that he's not had time to verify that the links are current, but many have been updated. Nearly 500 blogs! Thanks for a great piece of work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aikäne said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog and adding me to your blogroll. I have also added I4Jamming to my Florida links.

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robert I met you at a lunch with Barry Friedman in Lakeland a few months ago.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home