Monday, April 18, 2005

TED NUGENT'S STYLE OF JUSTICE

Rocker Ted Nugent appeared before the National Rifle Association's convention in Houston Saturday, singing some and suggesting that NRA members not only enroll new members, but also associate only with other members.

But he really preached to the choir as he spoke of his own brand of justice:

"Remember the Alamo! Shoot 'em!" he screamed to applause. "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."

I don't have a problem with guns per se; many members of my family enjoyed hunting, especially deer and turkey in the woods of south Mississippi. Now I believe in self defence as much as anyone, if someone truly believes that their life or the lives of their loved ones are in immediate jeopardy. But Ted's comments scare the hell out of me.

Also thought it was fitting that Ted appeared only hours before House Majority Leader/ethic-less Tom DeLay (R - TX)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted Nugent has declined into a "stooge" of the Neo-con right.After years of his so called career, he has fogotten his real roots. It would appear that now Ted, "The Motor City Madman" has become just that, a raving madman!

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home